Manning Valley Automotive
Manning Valley Automotive respect and uphold your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
What personal information about you do Andrew Miedecke Motors collect and hold?
We may collect and hold the following information about you:
- name(s), address, email address, telephone number(s), drivers licence details, ABN;
- Date of birth;
- Vehicle purchase date;
- Vehicle details;
- Name of selling dealer;
- Any additional information you provide, such as when you contact our Customer Relations Department, log in to our website, or call us for service – such additional information may include details of enquiries and complaints and of servicing and warranty needs;
- Any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
- Any other personal information which is required to collect for identification and verification purposes;
- Any additional information provided in a consumer or commercial credit application you make.
How do Manning Valley Automotive collect and hold your personal information?
We will generally collect your personal information directly from you and through Vehicle Manufacturers or distributors to whom you have provided your personal information. We may also collect personal information that you provide via our website and on social media, from competition entries, promotional events, from lists that we may acquire from organisations who have your personal information and to whom you have provided consent to pass on such information, from regulatory authorities, from our service providers (such as Roadside Assist and market researchers).
Your personal information may be stored by us in a number of ways, which may include;
On computer in our ‘Dealer Management System’ and stored on secure servers by our ‘Dealer Management Provider’ at several locations within Australia.
We may also hold your information in hard copy files which are destroyed when no longer required.
Your personal information may also be held by financial institutes we have dealings with on your behalf.
We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Please contact us if you would like more information about the way we manage the information we hold about you.
What does Manning Valley Automotive do with your personal information (apart from your consumer credit information)?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- Direct marketing communications via telephone, mobile, fax, email, direct mail or by targeted advertising on websites and social media platforms;
- Market research and product development;
- Customer service requirements (including dealing with complaints);
- fulfilling our ongoing obligations (including warranty, recall and roadside assistance) to you as the owner/driver of a vehicle we have imported and distributed;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- Customer service requirements and product development purposes;
- Any other purposes you have consented to; or
- Any use which is required or authorised by law.
We will only use your consumer credit information:
- To assess your application for consumer credit;
- deciding whether to offer you additional credit or to renew credit;
- for purposes directly related to the internal management of your loan or the provision of credit;
- In accordance with the consents and authorities you give us in your consumer credit application.
Your commercial credit information will be used in the same way as your other personal information except that it will not be used to assess an application by you for consumer credit without your prior consent.
Who will Manning Valley Automotive disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information (other than your consumer credit information):
- To each other or related companies;
- To the advisors, consultants and contractors we ordinarily engage for the above purposes (such as mailing houses, market researchers, insurers, printers, lawyers, accountants and other service providers);
- To the relevant vehicle manufacturer and/or distributor for the same purposes as set out above and only in connection with the dealership franchise;
- Any other person or entity to whom you have consented to us and/or disclosing your personal information; and
- Any disclosure which is required or authorised by law, including to AUSTRAC in respect of any suspicious or threshold transactions or activities.
If you have applied for credit from us, we may disclose your consumer credit information:
- To a credit reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining a credit report about you and/or to allow the credit reporting agency to maintain a credit information file containing information about you;
- To a debt collection agency;
- With your consent, to other credit providers for the purpose of assessing your application for credit.
We will only disclose your consumer credit report information to outside persons as permitted by the Privacy Act. Your consumer credit report information will only be disclosed to other third parties with your prior consent.
Your credit information will not be disclosed to a credit reporting agency for the purposes of assessing an application by you for consumer credit without your prior consent.
Manning Valley Automotive will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information) we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices (including direction to a credit reporting agency) as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Questions and complaints
Customer Service Manager
Manning Valley Automotive
22-26 Victoria Street
Taree NSW 2430
Phone: 02 6552 1088 Fax: 02 6552 4740 Email: email@example.com
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Officer of Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges
Marketing and Opting out
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services, and those of our related entities. We may also share your personal information with our related entities and our dealer network, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services. At any time you may opt out of receiving this material by contacting us on 02 6552 1088 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your consent to receive this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.